18 horse power Evinrude.

freddie1944

Cadet
Hello, I am new to boat motors and sure need help. I just bought an Evinrude 18 horse, Model number is 18902d It has electric start but no wires or starter button are hooked up to it. What do I use for a starter button and how do I hook it up. There are also two heavy wires coming out of the bottom. Under the flywheel, they have connectors on them but I don't know where they go or where they come from. Can someone help me.? I appreciate any and all information that I can get.about the motor.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Go to the top secret files at the beginning of this forum and look for wiring diagrams.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
???---The 2 " heavy wires " are the sparkplug leads I would say.----One should be maked for top cylinder.

freddie1944

Cadet
No, they are not spark plug wires. They are not that heavy. They are about six inches long and have connections on the ends of them. They connect to some thing but I don't know what. I will look for the wiring diagram that boobie mentioned. thanks

freddie1944

Cadet
OK, I checked the wiring diagram. I am sorry I did not tell you that it is a tiller motor. So I don't need the key switch. or the electric choke. Can I just hook up a starter button. because I will be back there anyway. to run the motor.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Easy. Just connect the green and white wires to your start button. Other wires you are looking at are the kill wires which you won't be using unless you opt to do a stop button also..

Attachments

• photo193107.jpg
    photo193107.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: