Johnson/Tracker Motor Indentification

Modemagic

Seaman
so I finally got my dream boat... a 18' Tracker Bass Buggy pontoon boat. Attached to the boat is a 40hp Johnson/Tracker motor boat I know nothing about it. Unfortunately the old owner of the boat is deceased and his son knew nothing about it other than it ran and I saw a video of it. First things first, identify it and I'm hoping someone can help.

Model: TJ40ELESR
Serial #: G 02556491

The boat is a 1990 so I'm guessing the motor is from about the same time. Also if someone can't point me in the direction of digital manuals as well as fuel mixing, etc.I'd appreciate it!

-Dave

Attachments

• photo219571.jpg
    photo219571.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 0

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
It's a Johnson with Tracker paint. 1990. That's the 'J' after the T in the model number. You can see/copy the original factory parts diagrams for this engine at the factory website: epc.brp.com. If you need any original factory manuals, you can get them at: outboardbooks.com No digital manuals that I know of. The factory made some of these with the VRO fuel/oil mixing pump. Just dump oil in the separate oil tank at it will mix it for you. Yours is electric start, so may have this feature. If you have the inexpensive old-style pre-mix pump (also available) you will have to pre-mix the fuel/oil at a ratio of 50:1 in the fuel tank.

Modemagic

Seaman
Since there is no oil tank on the motor that I can see I'm guessing it's a 50:1 mixture?