2000 Evinrude 225 Ficht problems

520 Ranger

Recruit
last friday the ol boat ran like it come from the showroom.. saturday morning launched boat ran at WOT for about 15 minutes.. idled down checking some spots out.. when to get back on plane and the motor acted like it had lost power.. beings i was close to another spot i idled over and the motor was running pretty rough... so i shut it off and fished an area for about an hour.. went to start big mitor back up and it would idle for maybe 5-10 seconds then die.. eventually i could not get the engine to fire so i called for a tow... ive owned the boat for 2 years now.. never changed the plugs ( its ran great until now) or done a decarb on the engine... if theres anything else that could possiblly be causing this issue.. im hoping its not a ecm or power head issue.. any advice would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Take it to somebody that has a lap top and check for any codes. You can't work on one of those motors without one.

Jeanvern

Cadet
I own a ficht and do my own work. If you haven't changed your spark plugs, it would be a great start and remember to index them.
What was the rpm when idling? When idling, did you try to put it in gear?

Sometimes it could be as simply as really gas you put in recently.