fuel coming out by the lower unit

racso

Seaman
took the boat out yesterday , had no problem starting it back up every time we stop to fish ,, until on the way back we made one last stop and we could not get it running any more I though it could be the fuel pump but took that apart and looks clean and good ,,now I was looking around and found that there is something like fuel coming out of the lower unit , its not by the prop but by where the lower unit attaches to the middle section any body knows about this kind of problems I need all the help possible ,, need to fix it this thing are expensive to try to buy and other one

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
probably just unburnt fuel that has accumulated as a result of trying to start it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
+1 ^^^^^^

Have you verified sparks? Do you have a kill switch? What are you trying to start?

racso

Seaman
I was trying to start the motor last time i checked for spark it was good and had 120 comprecion on all cilinders .... I put on the hose and it starts right up now.. i still like to find out what is causing the problem when submerge in the river tho

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Your spark should jump a 7/16" open air gap on a spark tester. Check it the next time it quits.

racso

Seaman
all right guys .. thanks for all of the reply it really helped me

so what I've done since the last comments ..well I bough carb repair kits clean them up and repair them , I suspected of a bad power pack so i put a new one too ,,,