Cannot find correct water pump for my Johnson 9.9hp outboard

mjbuck

Cadet
I'm in need of a water pump replacement kit for my 2007 Johnson 9.9hp outboard. I ordered what iboats.com said was the correct kit, but it is entirely the incorrect replacement. I have looking on the internet for an hour or more and each kit I find shows it will work with my motor, but they are the same kit as I got from iboats.com, which is definitely the wrong one. I used my model number to find the kit I need, but obviously there is a mix-up. The top kit in the picture is the kit I took off, the bottom kit is the one I was sent. It is obvious these are two different items. Can anyone suggest anything?

Attachments

• IMG_1646_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1646_edited-1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0

mjbuck

Cadet
The model number is J10TBL4SD. That is directly from the engine plate. The manufacture date on the same label is 2006, so I assumed it was a 2007, but I realize now I was wrong on the year. But, I did check 2006 and 2007 water pump kits for this model and still had difficulty finding what I needed. What I believe happened is the model number might be incorrect on my engine plate, because I just now found a kit that matches up identically with the one I removed. I found it on boats.net and I believe it is the right one with the right accessories to go with it. When I couldn't find what I needed under 2006 and 2007, I started to study other model numbers and found (what I believe) is the right kit. Thank you for your help, but I think I just now got it solved. Could it be possible the model number on my engine plate is incorrect? Like I said, I researched other model numbers from the same year (2006/2007) and I found diagrams that show the exact parts I need. I do know for sure the parts listed for my model number are not the same parts I need to finish this. Just as the photo shows two completely different items, but yet every web site or supplier says it is the right one. I'm guessing there is a mix-up somewhere and I think I solved it. Thanks again.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
????????----Fairly easy ----Your motor is a 4 stroke built by Suzuki I believe.

sumocomputers

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I couldn't find a J10TBL4SD exactly.

I think your engine plate is correct, but maybe the last number is not legible for some reason? I see a 2006 J10TBL4SDE which is listed as a 10HP on the BRP catalog, a 9.9HP elsewhere.

Water pump parts seems to match up with what you have in the top part of your photo.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
BRP lists 2 models of the 9.9 for 2007---------One is the 2 stroke that has used the same water pump since 1974.--The other is the SUZUKI built 4 stroke with of course a totally different pump and impeller.

sumocomputers

Petty Officer 2nd Class
BRP lists 2 models of the 9.9 for 2007---------One is the 2 stroke that has used the same water pump since 1974.--The other is the SUZUKI built 4 stroke with of course a totally different pump and impeller.

Sorry for the incorrect info. I was using The EPC at epc.brp.com, and could not find the OP's exact model. Weird that they don't list the Suzuki made 4 stroke model he has...