NEED HELP WITH AN ENGINE REPORT

DSwatloski

Recruit
I'm looking for help interpreting an engine report on a 2006 Evinrude E115FSLSD.. I'm looking at purchasing it and wanted to know what this code 22 really means in the report and condition of the engine. There's a grand total of 149.5 hours on the engine.

Can some explain it to me? Looks like a switch closed indicating an over heat condition for 5 minutes? Is that what it means? if does should I be concerned?

No current Engine Faults

Occurred Engine Faults

Code: 12, Times:2, First Last: N/A History: 110:00 Description: Throttle position sensor fault detected

Historic Engine Faults

Code: 22, Times: 1, Last (hrs): 0:05, Fault Description: Overheat switch closed.
Code 12, Times: 2, Last (hrs): 110:21, Fault Description: Throttle position sensor fault detected

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to iboats.

I think you are misinterpreting the engine fault log. The overheat switch closure happened when the motor was 5 minutes old, not that it lasted for 5 minutes. It's possible that during engine run-in before it left the factory. The other is probably a bad TPS and nothing has faulted in the last 39 hours.

I wouldn't worry about it. It only had roughly 16 hours of use per year. If you're buying from a dealer you should have them replace the impeller because lack of use kills them just as bad as high use, maybe even more.

DSwatloski

Recruit
Thanks GA_Boater. I do appreciate it, I can read these now. The impeller is the water pump impeller right?

Dave