engine synch/1985 E90TLCOS

simplydave

Seaman
today for the first time since I bought this motor it fired up and ran without having to spray gas mix in the carbs. So far I have, rebuilt the carbs, changed the coils and put new plugs in. The old plugs were gapped at 3 different settings and the old coils showed signs of melt. My new question is: Is there supposed to be a a nylon roller on the butterfly hardware of the top carb in order to line up synch marks? There is none shown on any diagrams that I've found and my clymer manual does not show enough detail to see one. Nudder question, the oil injection system was removed from this motor prior to purchase and it's run on 50-l gas. I cannot read the numbers on the fuel pump and would like to install a new diaphragm. Is there one for bpr #4338556 fuel pump. That's the closest model I can find to the one on the motor. Many thanks.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
You can check out the cam roller for your specific engine on the official factory parts website: epc.brp.com. The roller is part number 330130. You will need an oring to hold it on, part # 308776. That engine originally came with vro pump. If it has been changed to the older (1983 vintage pump) the factory does make a repair kit for that fuel pump: 393103. The current (superceded) part number for a new pump is actually 438556.