1999 Johnson 25hp throttle/governor questions!

Michael leblanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok here's my problem and I need help solving it when I open up wot the flap inside carb should be flat/wide open right, but then I'm wot the flap on the inside passes wide open and starts closing the opposite way and motor slows down a little bit how do I fix this problem ?....thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
It would be in an OMC factory service manual for your motor because every motor is different.

Michael leblanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok i don't have manual but I have a idea from reading on here with motor off I shift it to forward and open trottle wide open and I adjusted butterfly in right position (flat) now when I trottle back down my lil wheel that touches the trottle cam (guess that's what it's called) how do I adjust this to touch, cause I lossen the screw for it to touch it messes up my butterfly again...any help with that

Michael leblanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone ever had this problem cause i need help my butterfly is set flat at wot but when I trottle back down the roll is not touching trottle cam and if I adjust it to touch and I open trottle back up the butterfly passes the flat position and starts closing again

Will Bark

Lieutenant
You could try adjusting it so the roller is even with the mark and is barely touching it but not moving the butterfly shaft. Try that but it is best to get a manual for your motor.

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
You can try at Boatinfo the library. On page 2-66 of the 2-70hp from 1990-2001 manual. It explains how to adjust the throttle plate. Take a look and I hope this helps. It is too much to type out .

Last edited:

Michael leblanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks is it on this website or is a boatinfo website and if it's on here where can I go to find it