94 Johnson 150 faststrike block repair

Sea Roller

Recruit
I asked a question about block problems with this motor and was told it was probably cracked and to talk to marfab to fix the problem trouble is they are out of business. Does anyone know of another machine shop that can fix this problem. Sounds like the procedure is pressure test, remove sleeve, weld block and resleeve

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Check your PM as Jason that did all the work at Marfab has his own shop and does this out of his shop....

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Check your PM as Jason that did all the work at Marfab has his own shop and does this out of his shop....

could you PM me jasons new company contact info. I also have a 1994 150 hp...and instead of buying a ticking time bomb, Ill just spend the money and get a known good motor back

bob

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
to clarify slightly... I am thinking that the water intrusion happens in the port area outside of the sleeve, and that COMPRESSION, might not be affected....is that correct?

so just a compression check would not show a bad block for this fault.

correct?

bob

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
I am sorry for highjacking,,,if you could call it that.

but it is the same topic I am thinking

This is a photo of my #1 cylinder... the head looked like it had rust residue..and was pitted ...the other cahmbers looked nice...the piston dome actually could rock left and right...like it was cracked off its skirt.

4vo3ye.jpg

FAZT does this tag possibly denote that the power head was replaced? or do factory motors originally come with these tags??

xofcb6.jpg

thanks

bob

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
I am thinking that the water intrusion happens in the port area outside of the sleeve, and that COMPRESSION, might not be affected....is that correct?

so just a compression check would not show a bad block for this fault.correct?

The fault happens in the casting line and compression usually not effected unless unless lube is washed from cylinder and its scuffed. A compression test will not show if block is bad...The tag is a OEM powerhead tag,have one in the shop, mostly see on replacement motors