Need amplifier, distributor cap for 1668-71, 55,60,65hp evinrude

Lavender1959

Cadet
I've worked my fingers to the bone and had this thing running like a scaulded dog but it sure seems to eat up the distributor caps. This will be my 3rd one in a year.<br />I've looked all over and thought I'd give a try here. Since Bombardier decided not to make these parts anymore the ones that are sittin on the shelf new are now going for about $250. People have just gotten too greedy!<br /><br /><br />EDIT: Sorry, britches. Soliciting for buying or selling is not allowed here. Try the Want Ads or the Thrifties.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need amplifier, distributor cap for 1668-71, 55,60,65hp evinrude

One of the problems with old engines. Parts are hard to find and expensive.<br /><br />Try www.twincityoutboard.com

DHPMARINE

Captain

Soggy even back in 1668 these 3 cylinder engines did not eat distributor caps.Either the parts under the flywheel are not mounted correctly or could there be too much play in your crankshaft.<br />That said,what is happening to three caps a year?<br /><br />DHP

Lavender1959

Cadet

I'm so embarrased, sorry about that. I actually did check first in classified. I've seen where people ask where they can find parts and that's all I want to do. I won't ask again.

Lavender1959

Cadet

Yeah, I do have to agree that old engine parts are hard to find and expensive but then I look around and see what the newer motors cost and I really don't feel that bad about paying for the old parts as much. <br />My brother has a 5 yr payment of $147 a month for his 60hp Yamaha and yes it runs sweet but still has it's moments. If I were to spend $147 a month on my 68 Evinrude I'd have me a whole brand new one in about 1/2 the time he has to pay his off. So I reckon it ain't so bad afterall having to pay the price for new parts. I have found that if you take the time to research yuo'll eventually find the part you need at a good price. I found my brand new amplifier for $195 with shipping. That's about $60-100 less than the average. So the internet can save some serious $$$$ if you use it properly.<br />Is it ok to tell people where I found the great pricing without solicting? Or should I just keep my keypad to myself?<br />Thanx

xlthompson

Seaman Apprentice

I am in Ohio and the local NAPA auto parts store carry the amplifiers. The price was around $200.00 3 years ago.