Evinrude 70 VRO Pump Schematic

dpdevil16

Recruit
Hey folks,<br /><br />Just wondering if anyone had a schematic/diagram of a 3-wire OMC VRO pump for a 1986 Evinrude 70hp outboard (OMC #5004559). Mine is currently experiencing problems and I would like to attempt a repair before I spend $270 to buy a new one. I currently have it disassembled and would like to be sure that every part is in it's proper place, especially one of the O-rings that I discovered among the parts, when I reassmble it. :confused: I'm pretty sure I know where it belongs but it never hurts to doublecheck. Thanks. :cool: <br /><br />Dan

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: Evinrude 70 VRO Pump Schematic

When the 3 wire pumps were made, there was no parts breakdown for them as they were "unrepairable" at the time. The newer pumps are similar internally, but not exactly the same as changes were made over the years. You are better off getting a new improved pump than trying to repair one that is almost 20 years old.<br /><br />Today the pumps are completely rebuildable and individual parts can be ordered.<br /><br />See an authorized dealer and have them look up a late model pump and the parts breakdown is shown. If they have the factory parts CD, they can print you out the page(s).<br /><br />The late model service manuals have the step by step procedures for rebuilding the pumps. Perhaps they would let you peruse a manual and take notes or copy the pages.