Single cylinder overhaul cost.....112hp johnson

flatsman77

Recruit
Hello again. Can anyone tell me the average cost of a single cylinder overhaul for a 1996 112hp johnson (or similar engine)?<br /><br />Also what does it entail?<br /><br />thanks

NathanY

Commander
Re: Single cylinder overhaul cost.....112hp johnson

For 1 cylinder on my 60hp 3cyl. it was $1986.12, but my mechanic replaced the sleeve, and all three pistons. Look at this website, it has useful info.<br /><br /> Engine Rebuilding

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

I have seen prices posted here from $2-400 per hole assuming you do it yourself. You get a marine engine shop to bore the hole & provide the piston. The rest is gaskets, sealers & stuff. <br /><br />It is an absolute must, if you have never done3 it before, to buy the OMC shop & parts manual for your specific motor. There is nothing high tech about the job. You need a clean work environment, average tools, patience, time - another must is to determine what caused the original problem or face the possibility that it may reaccur.

BKool68

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just had my 110 Evinrude rebuilt by the shop Nathan mentioned. They charged $1475 including shipping both ways. It included 4 new pistons and boring, all new bearings and gaskets, I sent along my carbs for a rebuild too. When they sent it back it came with a new waterpump impellor and even a Clymers manual. The break-in instructions were very clear and they even included a trouble shooting guide. The only problem I had was the rough handling of the motor by the men in the big brown truck. One of my carbs came back with a broken fuel fitting. Luckily I had another set of carbs to get it running right away. I am 8 hours into my break-in and it has run great. I have kept the RPM's below 5000 so far and ran double oil. One more trip out should complete the break-in and I'll see if my prop is right. They offera lifetime warranty on their parts but it will not cover an ignition failure or lack of oil, but who would? Turn around time was about 2 weeks with about half that in shipping time to me in Delaware. Good luck in what you decide. Brian