Johnson 14hp 1989 battery charge

Marc_brz

Cadet
Good morning, I found one Johnson 14 hp engine manufactured in 1989 according to the nameplate. It is almost identical to model VJ14RCEC 1989.
For various reasons, it was never used, never been to water.
I changed as a precaution pump impeller and intend to change the gear oil . Lubed also all points with grease.
I haven't the engine manual and found nothing about it on the web.
As the photos below, I wonder what kind of electric conecction is that of three pins, I understood that is for charging battery , power any electrical circuit, or both. Anyone know how to use it? Volt & amp? And I have no idea of the type of outlet that is this and where to buy the other of the socket to fit the engine.
And I found a hole that seems to be obstructed, and I also have no idea if I should try to unblock it or is so.

thank you very much

image005.jpg image004.jpg image003.jpg image001.jpg image002.jpg

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I believe you will find that is an AC Lighting source for powering running lights and such. Very common on models made for foreign markets. Your motor was made in Hong Kong.

By adding a rectifier, the AC feature can be converted to DC for battery charging.

The "plugged hole" is the upper water tube grommet. Don't be trying to dig it out.

I can post the lighting circuit diagram this evening, if somebody doesn't beat me to it. I'll be out all day.

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Correct, that is for running the lights on the boat.---The powerhead is from the 9.9 / 15 hp family and the battery charging kit is available for that.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Correct, that is for running the lights on the boat.---The powerhead is from the 9.9 / 15 hp family and the battery charging kit is available for that.--The mid section and lower unit are from the older 25 hp models.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
The AC plug kit is part number 594110. The AC-DC conversion kit for battery charging is part number 582105, and includes the plug. From your Evinrude dealer

Last edited:

Marc_brz

Cadet
Thank you all for your quick help, I understood all too well, and certainly will not touch any hole.
I will buy the parts on the internet (rectifier). Here anyone can recommend a store selling out of the United States or is there any restriction policy for this? If there is I apologize.
I've made some research.
Did the diagram would be this?

diag.jpg

Thank you so much for the help

F_R

Supreme Mariner
That is the diagram that I have.

There are places that will ship to other countries, but I don't know which ones. I believe iboats does, but they wouldn't have the kits you are seeking. Google Evinrude parts. There are no restrictions except to countries that are unfriendly to U.S, or some items such as liquids and batteries, or hazardous.