stator or the trigger?

Buzzellsc

Cadet
the tests for the stator wires were coming directly from the stator it looked like

Bosunsmate

Admiral
I Tested it with diode function Red Lead to Red, Black Lead to yellow and yellow/grey and got nothing. Then Red Lead to Red, Black lead to yellow and got 496. and then Black Lead to yellow/grey and got 492
I havent done a rectifier test for a while but i think thats ok,
When you start the motor up are you seeing the charge increase on the battery using your multimeter?

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Im confused, your post #16 says that your stator readings are off but your new thread today says that your trigger readings are off and your stators are ok

Buzzellsc

Cadet
I copied the wrong thing. oops. I untaped some wires today going to the control box. The Purple wire was completely fried away. I rewired in in hopes that that would fix it. I also ready somewhere that my wires are reversed for the rectifier...

Bosunsmate

Admiral
purple wires normally the choke, no idea why that would be fried

Last edited:

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Have you got a close up?
Id blame the dog for getting in to it, but not in your case, a shepherd would not be so silly

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Also look at your flywheel, check for loose magnets and or a clear shorting spot.
also check your taper of the top of the crankshaft for warping and also check the top bearing for play

Last edited:

Bosunsmate

Admiral
So your stator looks ok but one of its readings are out of spec
But your trigger ohmns readings are in spec (ohm specs only tested) but it looks like its had an overheat or something.
Correct?
Your symptom of one spark down suggests a trigger problem since you have replaced the powerpack

Last edited:

Bosunsmate

Admiral
To be honest ive seen components with bigger insults and they are still working fine but that does look quite bad.
If it was me id check output voltage and current from the trigger too, even if you dont have a dva just see if one of them is way down.
The stator reading although out is not a clear fail as its normally when its got no resistance that its a problem, ie the wires have broken internally.
And as for the charging issue i suppose recheck after you have sorted out that purple wire

Bosunsmate

Admiral
i am picking the trigger at this point but wouldnt recommend anything until further testing as these arent cheap

Bosunsmate

Admiral
When reinstalling flywheel, proper torque must be used as to light it will shear the flywheel key, too much and you will ruin the taper and unbalance the flywheel which can lead to broken electronics