97 Johnson 9.9 (4 stroke) fuel pump help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anger65

Seaman Apprentice
Trying to rebuild the fuel pump, part number 435352. The engine model is J10FRELEAU.

Looking to see if anyone has a "how to" for the rebuild process. I have seen the diagrams from BRP but I'm looking for a more detailed description on how the washers and diaphragm go together. Looks like it was done before and I don't think it was correct.

I had a manual for this on my computer, but the computer is out of order.

Anger65

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

To add, the repair kit is 435070, I'm wondering where to use the 2 washers, when I removed my old parts there was only one washer in there. See pic

Last, how tight do you tighten the diaphragm screw, if you tighten too much it looks like it puts too much pressure on the diaphragm?

Attachments

• photo215978.jpg
    photo215978.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0

Anger65

Seaman Apprentice
I've seen his writeup, he doesn't have anything for this pump, unless I'm missing something

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
I rebuilt a 96 15 hp 4stroke fuel pump. it was more complicated than a 2 stroke pump for sure.. I think I bought a manual for the motor... I can look when I get home and take a picture of the pages if you like

bob

Anger65

Seaman Apprentice
I appreciate it Bob, we should have the same fuel pump.

I have a manual on my laptop, but my wife spilled a drink on it, so I'm waiting for repairs on that so I can get my manual back.

Last edited:

roehrle

Cadet
Did you guys resolve yhis problem ?? I also am having a 435352 problem and need all the help I can get

skipt

Recruit
I have battled this fuel pump for 5 years. I can provide advice on the rebuild, but a rebuild seldom lasts long. I figured out how to convert to an electric fuel pump. I have been running my conversion for over a year now (knock on wood). Message me if you want to engage in a discussion regarding the conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.