tilt locking braket

kylake

Cadet
Just finished getting used boat redone,took out for testvrun.motor started right up runs good put in reverse and motor came up out of the water.looked at motor seams the locking thing on tilt part is missing.what is this called and can I get one,or what else can I do to keep motor in water when in reverse?motor has no power trim.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Answer to your question is yes...maybe...probably. Okay, let me explain. If you can post the model number and year of you engine with the manufacture's name. we can see if there are parts still available. So yes probably maybe. We need the numbers to know for certain. And post pictures is even great to help out with your question... If the original manufacture has parts available then on problems, other wise you could be looking at places like Ebay or some websites like that for either NOS or used parts... And you still can use reverse IF you throttle the engine very carefully when in reverse. JMHO!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I'm guessing you are speaking of the 1977 115hp that you posted about earlier. There are a number of parts associated with the reverse lock, so we would only be guessing at what is missing. Do you have the thrust rod....the rod that goes in one of several holes to adjust the tilt angle on the boat? Whatever, you can pull up the parts list on the BRP website and pick out what you are missing. http://shop.evinrude.com/

kylake

Cadet
Yes the 77 115hp.looked at website they only show power trim and tilt.yes I do have the thrust rod in fact it came with 2 what a deal.now if motor would just stay in water in reverse.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
The 115799S model show the parts breakdown w/o the power tilt.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Sorry to do this, but I just have to ask.....You do have the tilt lock selector lever in the down (locked) position........(don't you)?

kylake

Cadet
Only thing down were it locks is thrust rods.think it had power trim and tilt but previous owner took off.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
If that is the case you could find it very difficult to find all the tilt lock parts as many are No Longer available and the only way to get them is used.