1991 Evinrude 140hp trimp up/down connector

vasy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,
do you guys happen to know if this motor would have a connection for the trim up/down gauge?
I can't seem to find this info.
Thanks

64osby

Admiral
The trim gauge receives a signal from a trim sending unit.

The sending units I have seen are tucked up in the mount brackets on the port side attached with 2 small screws. It will have 2 wires coming off it.

Last edited:

vasy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I guess no pictures yeh :)
I'll go see if mine has one, but I don't recall any extra wires hanging around.

dwco5051

Commander
I have a 1990 sitting in my shop right now. Tomorrow as soon as I get around to plowing my lane and restocking my firewood bin I will try to get a picture or two and trace where the connector from the sender is.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
You can see the mounting location of that sender on the factory exploded parts diagram website: epc.brp.com. Look at the "midsection" diagram for your year, hp. It's item #83 on the diagram.

64osby

Admiral
I did see a sending unit on ebay earlier today, think they were asking $25.

dwco5051

Commander
I have a 1990 sitting in my shop right now. Tomorrow as soon as I get around to plowing my lane and restocking my firewood bin I will try to get a picture or two and trace where the connector from the sender is.

Sorry no pictures, this boat needs a replacement pump motor and I found out I backed it in to close to the wall to lift it up. Have to move a bunch of stuff to move it forward that I am working on now.