Motor hood seal/gromment reattachment

milom

Cadet
The motor hood seal/gromment on my 1999 Johnson 90hp came off and I was wondering what is best to use to reattach it. The Krazy glue experiment didn't work out to well :)

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Motor hood seal/gromment reattachment

I know, those things are bears to get glued back. Try Gorilla Glue. Wash the gasket and cowling with hot,soapy water first to get all the grease and oil off. Do just a coupla inches to see if it'll work before ya put tha nasty stuff all over it. Get back and tell us if it works or not.<br /><br />g'luck & c/6<br />Hooty

alcan

Commander

I agree with Hooty about that Gorilla glue being NASTY stuff. Be real careful with it. A little goes a long way, and you can make a mess with it in a hurry. Wear those surgen type rubber gloves. One little smear and your finger will be black for days. I glued up my garage door with it, it holds strong. Just my expirence here.

milom

Cadet

Thanks for the replies.<br /><br />How fast does Gorilla Glue set? The Krazy glue I tried set to fast and I wound up with more on me than the seal/grommet because I had to hurry, plus it didn't hold as well as I thought it would.<br /><br />Thanks again

D

DJ

milom,<br /><br />Liquid Nails will work too.<br /><br />It gives you at least a half hour work time.

DHPMARINE

Captain

I swear by 3M weather strip adhesive.<br />DHP

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I'd try the weatherstrip adhesive...that's what it's made for...just a Thought