15HP EVINRUDE COMMERCIAL (1995)

ajbirty

Recruit
I have run this motor for seven years without trouble but I really think it prudent that the impellar gets renewed. I am mechanically minded but without a manual. Can anyone please descibe the procedure mainly the gear linkage separation.<br />Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 15HP EVINRUDE COMMERCIAL (1995)

Howdy, AJ.<br /><br />Your first step is to get a manual. You will save more than its price the first time you use it.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

thoughs are great motors i had 1 but sold it (mistake) they are very easy to work on but if you are gonna maintain it right you will need to get a manual everything might seem pretty straight forward but there are little tricks to doing it right that the manual will tell you. JB is right it will pay for itself in no time. 7 years on a water pump is a long time. i change mine every other season. its really the heart of an outboard. try to find a factory service manual just for that engine it will tell you alot more. but if you cant a regular manual (clymer,seloc)will do just fine.

ajbirty

Recruit

Thanks, Ancient Mariner and Wayne 34609.It never ceases to amaze me that via such media the world is so small!!!<br />It is a testament to the engine that the only repair, save gear oil and plugs, Oh and the occasional squirt of WD40 was to twiddle the knurled platic cable adjustment for the throttle.<br />The engine only gets about 24 hours use per year, but I still think it has been a good one.