what and where are recirc. valves on 92 200gt?

wrestler20

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have had some idle problems and plugs fouling on this motor and i was told to check the recirc valves. I looked through my manual and couldn't find anything about recirc valves. The motor is a 92 200 johnson gt. Could someone tell me exactly what i am looking for and how to check to see if they need replacing? Thanks for any help you can give.<br /><br />Steve

angus63

Captain
Re: what and where are recirc. valves on 92 200gt?

If its what I'm thinkin', those "valves" are internal and allow excess unburned oil to return to the carbs via tubing from the block to the carbs. When I rebuilt a 95 175 oceanpro, that was the explanation I got from OMC mech. I dont know how to check or replace if needed.<br />Good Luck

93bronco

Ensign
Re: what and where are recirc. valves on 92 200gt?

you have six external on the intake side of the block, rite below the 3 intake ports on each side- that run tubes to the back of each cylinder.<br />-<br />if the block had been replaced at any time with a newer one it mite have the 6 additional internal behind the intake manifold.<br />-<br />i will try to find a previous post that has the directions on how to test.