1996 60 hp no spark

J JACKSON

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am working on a E60TLEOC for a friend and it has no spark on any cylinder, I did some testing with the factory service manual and the trigger did not ohm out correctly, after pulling the flywheel found the center magnet had come loose and damaged the trigger some, after replacing the flywheel with a used one and a new trigger assembly still no spark. Do I have to have a DVA to correctly check the rest of the system like the manual says or can it be done with a standard volt ohm meter?

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer
Just buy a Neon globe i tested an amplifier with it , it was only rated at 110v every time i turned motor over the light lights up it will work to test power pack .the disadvantage i could not tell what volts was coming out this is when a DVA comes in handy the globe at least told me something .

Last edited:

boobie

Supreme Mariner
That sounds like the old neon tester OMC used years ago but gave you no voltage readings.

Bosunsmate

Admiral
You can use a std meter to check the resistance readings, that will much more often than not let you know where the fault is

J JACKSON

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Update after testing the stator with the dva adapter I replaced the power pack and runs great now,