Evinrude Junior 3 hp???

sgk55135

Cadet
Please help with hp,year,manual,and fuel mix on this engine.<br /><br />Model: JRCDR<br />Ser.No: B0106846<br />Outboard Marine Corp.: Belgium<br /><br />I'm looking for anything you got! Thanks :eek:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude Junior 3 hp???

Welcome to the forum sgk.<br /><br />You have a 1986 1.2hp motor.<br /><br />Fuel mix is 50:1....16oz oil to 6gal of gas.<br /><br />Manuals can still be ordered from a Johnny/Rude dealer.<br /><br />Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.<br /><br />Thanks.

sgk55135

Cadet

Can you tell me where you found the hp, I bought the motor of E-bay and the guy told me it was a 3hp.<br /><br />Thanks again :confused:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I actually looked it up in a Model/Year book. :D

sgk55135

Cadet

Sorry I posted another topic, still working out how exactly to use the forum. I bought this on Ebay for $250.00, can anyone tell me if I got a good deal. The guy had it on a dingey on the back of his big boat and said it has less than 10 hrs.on it. It looks brand new, but again I thought it was a 3hp.<br /><br />Looking for anything possitive about the transaction,<br /><br />Stacy :D

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

If it runs and pumps water, you paid a fair price. I wouldn't go so far as to say you got a "deal". I've seen a lot of misrepresented motors for sale on eBay. All I can say is do your own homework. Don't rely on what the seller says. Many don't know much about the subject, and some are downright liars. Let the buyer beware.

sgk55135

Cadet

Kind of confused!! I looked at the motor and right next to the gas cap it reads 100:1 and I am being told the mix is 50:1 maybe different measurements? Please clarify for us simple minded people. Isn't a percentage a percentage no matter what???<br /><br />Stacy :confused:

alcan

Commander

There is lots of confusion on this point. I have never been a fan of running any two-stroke motor leaner than 50:1. The last OMC service bulletin I read on this matter said no more running 100:1. I am looking at the OMC service manual for your engine. Seems they only recommend running 100:1 in models equipt with AccuMix system or the VRO system. And then only under so called normal service conditions. All other conditions require a 50:1. As far as I know all outboard motors run in severe conditions, all the time. Run 50:1 and you will not have problems related to oil. Its funny there are four sentences saying its OK to run 100:1 and two pages telling you not to. No wonder there is confusion. You need to pick up a manual for your motor. A good after market manual can be ordered here from Iboats. Since you didn't do your home work prior to your purchess, I feel it would be prudent now. The fellow on Ebay is probably just as ignorant as you are about motors and motor maint. Your lil motor should be checked out and serviced before use.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Definitly run 50:1. OMC changed it's recomendation to 50:1 some time ago for all motors..