1954 johnson qd 15 10 hp

pro-crastinator

Chief Petty Officer
If you have a fishing trip scheduled for this weekend, make other arrangements.
If you want to work on this one and get it going, it will take a little time to get it squared away.
Original fuel supply was a 2 line system which works great when it works.
Search out archives, take pictures, post pictures and ask specific questions.

64osby

Admiral
Does it have a 2 line pressure system or a one line fuel pump system? It may have been converted already.

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
check leroys rambling site for everything you need to know ...including converting your engine to a pump versus a pressure system

A free QD15 was my first forray into fixing these oldies... . I installed a mikuni pump to replace the pressure system.

I evolved to a 25$ FD (15 hp) with a the OMC pump on a plate mod conversion.

several oldies followed and my last one was a 5.5 using the Briggs and Straton pump on a side bracket. works great and pumps are real cheap to buy.

before spending needless $$$ do a compression test. Most off my oldies run around 75-80 lbs somwhat low by many opinions but...they all work great

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Post a wanted ad at aomci.org in the webvertize. A member local to you can help with a tank.

As stated, first determine what tank you need. If there are 2 lines going to the fitting on the motor, you need a pressure tank. If there is 1 line, a newer single line tank. Very likely you need a pressure tank and double hose, as that is what it originally came with.