DVD readinf at 1/2 volt

HenryB

Petty Officer 1st Class
I want to check the DVD, Peak Voltage output on my 130 Johnson for the first time. It calls for a ½ volt reading. What DVD meter displays a ½ volt reliably and at a minimum cost?

Thank you.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
If you already have a digital voltmeter it is simple and inexpensive to make a DVA / peak voltage adapter from the circuit which has been published on these forums or can be found out on the net.

HenryB

Petty Officer 1st Class
The lowest rang on my digital meter is 20 volts. Will read to .5 volts?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
In theory, the 20V range will display anything between 0 and 20V. But as already said, it depends on the quality and accuracy of the meter.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
The lowest rang on my digital meter is 20 volts. Will read to .5 volts?
It depends on how many a decimal places it reads to and its accuracy . The instruction manual should tell you the accuracy.

Mine reads to 2 decimal places on the 20 volt range so measures to a precision of 0.01 volts but the accuracy is only +/- 0.02 volts

Last edited:

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer
I used a Neon light to test if the power pack is producing power it will not indicate how much volts coming out get one that is rated +/- the volts that come out of power pack at start up i used one a few days ago rated at 110v to test an amplifier . they come in different voltage ranges from 100v to 250v the globe that has 2 wires attached to it they work on AC& DC .for 1.50 dlrs i paid for the light gave me the answer needed

Last edited: