Stuck this far 1957 evinrude sportwin 10 hp

boobie

Supreme Mariner
If you have all of the bolts out, the drive shaft splines could be stuck in the crank shaft splines. Give it a good rap.

OGMurph

Cadet
Boobie its to my very very very novice knowledge that ive disconnected the drive shaft at the coupler.. http://i.imgur.com/0Dj6XHO.jpg

But im not sure.. are you saying just yank this thing..cuz ive given it some good pressure...

racerone

Supreme Mariner
????----You disconnected the shift rod , not the driveshaft.---And you did take the bolt out of the coupler as instructed ?

nwcove

Admiral
OGM....just some friendly forum advice, keep your topic in one thread, as you can see, if you start a new one, all the info from the first thread kinda gets lost .

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Agree with the above !!! Keep it to one forum !! I just caught this.

OGMurph

Cadet
Still not sure on the answer sorry for starting a second thread.. ive hit the coupler with PB blaster and am letting it sit.. thats the only place this could be hung up? I dont need to spray loosing oil on anything else?

OGMurph

Cadet
@racerone Yes the bolt is all the way out and came out clean.. can see through the coupler http://i.imgur.com/0Dj6XHO.jpg as in that picture shows... i dont know what else to do? letting that coupler sit with some loosing oil but i dont know where to go from here.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You need to stop jumping up and down !!!!!!!-----You have disconnected the shift rod at the coupler at that oval plate.---What could be happening is that the cramkshaft splines are rusted and have jammed with the driveshaft splines.------You are getting top notch advice and you need to look at the parts blow-up of your motor so that you can understand all this.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
If all bolts are out, and the shift rod bolt is out of the coupler, sometimes they are just tight. Hold the shift rod with needle nose, and shift into forward, pulling the shift rod out of the coupler.

Now push down on the gearcase. May just be tight, between the drive shaft and the water line into the pump. Just needs a little persuasion.