Evinrude 40hp

Kmakin

Recruit
So I went to start my boat today and nothing pulled the plugs and checked very minimal spark so went and got new ones to find out the same problem exists.the spark is every 3to 4sec .the motor ran last time out (8months)I checked kill switch it works so my question do u think my stator the copper coils coroded up and flywheel not making enough contact to form enough spark.any suggestions.btw I am getting fuel thanks Kyle

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Hold on here.---------Perhaps your battery is weak and it is not cranking it over fast enuff to generate spark,----And guessing as to what might be wrong gets expensive in a hurry.----Never heard of stator coils corroding up.----Model # is ??

F_R

Supreme Mariner
And the flywheel does not "make contact". At least it better not be. But I assume you really are referring to magnets to coils clearance. Yes, that is important, but cannot change unless you have serious parts damage, which does not happen from storage.

Kmakin

Recruit
And yes battery is good not had a lot of time to try n diagnose it nothing is grounding out that I can see as I tried again last night in dark to look and nothing my tether is working as I switch it I get nothing at all switch back and it spark every 3to 4 sec when starter is engaged

Kmakin

Recruit
Happy thanksgiving !! thanks boobie
So I checked all my wires and these are the ohms
Coil pack:Orange/blue 98
Orange/green112
Timer base:white/green 27
White/blue 26
Stator: Orange/Orange black 385
Brown/brown yellow 0
So my question is u guys think my stator is bad think it grounded out ,there are no broken wires and if so ,is that why my coil packs not reading the same the one is a little low or any suggestions
Thanks Kyle