1969 Johnson 55 Wiring Diagram

Louisashley

Recruit
I saw a post where someone had a wiring diagram for a 1969 Johnson 55. Model# 55ESL69A... I need a copy of that same wiring diagram... Please help...

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1969 Johnson 55 Wiring Diagram

You will probably get quicker results by buying the manual for your motor (or hit your library).

alcan

Commander

You could also get get a faster response if you would post your E-mail address. Real e-mail, not hot mail. That way I'd know where to send it.

Louisashley

Recruit

Sorry, I've been re-organizing all my ISP accounts. I still use Louisashley@aol.com for the time being. But I just opened a new ISP account with the phone company. I'll put my AOL account on my profile.... <br /><br />Thank you very much<br />Louis

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Louis.<br /><br />Sending you a copy would violate the law. Asking someone to do so violates the law.<br /><br />Buy a manual or borrow one at you library.<br /><br /> http://www.outboardrepairs.com/manuals/ <br /><br />Good luck. :)

Louisashley

Recruit

Thanks everyone for the info... And thanks Alcan... I certainly don't want anyone to break the law... Normally I would never touch an OMC outboard. I'm a Mercury man. I've got 3 old 20 Mercs, a 25, and a 40 and all of them run like brand new. But I salvaged this old 55 Johnson Electric shift. The top end and gearcase had been rebuilt about 10 years ago and then the motor was immediately mothballed in a shed ever since. The motor seems to be in great mechanical shape. I oiled the cylinders and cranked it over---great compression, but won't fire. It looke like the mice had a pretty good time with the wiring therefore that's where I'm going to start. Years ago I had 3 Electric Shift 65 Johnsons, so I know a LITTLE about these motors. <br /><br />I'm also looking for about a 35 (no bigger) to replace my 20 Mercs, as I plan to add a little weight to my boat. Do you think anyone would be interested in a possible swap. I have 2 20 mercs that run perfect plus one for parts. I also have a 1999 40 Merc that runs perfect, but has a torn up gearcase. The 40 is just a little much for my boat...<br /><br />Thanks Again, More to follow<br />Louis