1994 Evinrude Vindicator 225hp (couldn't turn over) Direction needed.

stratosmike

Cadet
Friends,

Went fishing today with my 13 year old son and have a great time until the end of the day.

Engine wouldn't turn over at, never had this problem in the past have had the board for 3 years. The VRO was taken out and I premix everything.

It turns to start, but it didn't turn over... when i finally got the boat on the trailer and we lowered the engine to get water out, some gas/oil mix came out of the propellor area?

Don't know if I flooded it to much trying to start it repeatedly or not.

Recommendations?

Forgive me for my ignorance, I am not mechanical, but at least I can ask the right questions to a mechanic.... don't want to be duuped.

Thanks your guys for the help.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Explain your terms --------What do you mean by " turns to start " and also ----" it didn't turn over "-----These terms are sometimes confusing.---------Did you check your battery for proper charge / voltage ?-----Did you check battery connections ?

stratosmike

Cadet
racerrone,

Thank you for the reply.

No, didn't check the connections will do today, seemed they were okay all day though. The volt meter on the boat said I was good, but you never know.

It was like, there was no spark to ignite. When I was trying to start it, could I have tried to much that I flooded the engine? It was turning to start, but never had that explosion to start.

But if that was the case, would this have caused some fuel/oil to come out of the prop area when out of the water when I was lowering the engine?

I appreciate the help very much..

Mike

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Yes. Check your spark. It should jump a 7/16" open air gap on a tester.

stratosmike

Cadet
Boobie,

It was working fine for the past year with the plugs, firing right up... going to have someone look at it tuesday?