Primer bulb on remote tank

dude11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just would like some feedback as to the "hardness" of mine.lol---My buddy says they should be hard after a few squeezes.I have normal grip & mine doesn't get hard;firm__yeah,but not hard.The motor seems to function as it should,has a new hose & bulb.So I think all is well...What say you?

Last edited:

kbait

Commander
Seems like OMC bulbs will get quite firm when priming.. some other brands - not so much. If you can get enough fuel into the carb to start it up and let the fuel pump take over, all is well.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Aftermarket bulbs have 1 check valve and they just get a spongy firm, OEM bulbs have 2 valve and get real firm

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
And it helps to hold the bulb upright rather than horizontal when squeezing it. The valves operate best in that orientation.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
And it helps to hold the bulb upright rather than horizontal when squeezing it. The valves operate best in that orientation.
And it flushes all the air out. The bulb will feel a lot firmer when all the air is displaced.. Air is compressible so it will never feel hard with air in it.

Whats important is that the carb bowl is filled with fuel. Not so much how firm the bulb feels

dude11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sorry for late response,,been out of town.Great info,thax fellows.Yeah mine is an after market,I'll have to remember to try the position thing.never heard that one,again,thax to all