2004 30hp johnson tiller handle

Ursmic37

Recruit
I picked up a 30 hp johnson bombardier engine this weekend. The motor is a model j30elsr. The boat it was on used remote throttle cables and steering. I was wondering if they made a tiller arm that i could put on instead. I was hoping for something factory. Did they make this engine with a tiller arm in 2004?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Lots of those left the factory as tiller motors.-----Look under ---accessories------- to find the kit you need.

Ursmic37

Recruit
Lots of those left the factory as tiller motors.-----Look under ---accessories------- to find the kit you need.

Im not sure what accessories page you are referring to. But i do know the Johnson evenrude site does not list one for this engine. So if you in fact have better site or if i am missing something obvious please let me know i would truly appreciate it, i have been looking for a while even called my local Johnson dealers and they say they cant sell me one for that model but i was reluctant to believe them hence me coming here.

Barramundi NQ

Petty Officer 1st Class
60746.gif

http://www.*****************/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=2004&hp=30&model=J30MLSRC&a mp;manufacturer=Johnson&section=Steering+Arm

​This is the model equivalent for your motor with the tiller. Johnson call it a steering arm. Get one from a wrecker or a dealer. Have fun
:welcome: to iBoats

Ursmic37

Recruit
Thank you guys, very helpful info. i see the errors of my way with the model # i gave, it would obv not have a part number for a steering handle never thought to cross reference other model numbers. But why dont any of these links work? im taking it the forum blocks them.