Evinrude 30EEIC Service Manual, Timing and Carb Setup

tom_20000

Recruit
Hello all, I'm looking for some help with the above engine, its becoming a bit of a nightmare. I purchased it cheap as a Non Runner as it wasn't pumping any water. I believe its in need of a Carb rebuild and then needs to be re-timed, but I cant find any manuals or guides. Hear is where i'm at so far:-

Changed Water Pump Housing and Impeller and it started pumping water but wouldn't start.
Did a basic clean of carbs and would Idle "Ok" when upto temp but was very lumpy and weak.
Ran compression test on engine, both around 125psi.
Followed a guide I found on here to change the idle etc via adjusting the linkages, this has resulted in a better idles but still cuts out ever now and again (restarts fine)
However I now seem to have no power. Boat will idle and I can dial the revs up but probably only hit about 8 knots (4m Avon SR4), I couldnt get it to plane or lift out the water, I'm guessing I've c*cked the timing up by playing with the linkages. Any help would be appreciated, a manual would be amazing. I have timing gun etc, just not sure on the settings, or set-up process.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

tom_20000

Recruit
Thanks for the link, I don't mind paying so long as it contains the information I need. Regards

Tom

nwcove

Admiral
not sure if the Joe Reeves method applies to your motor, but its worth a look in the top secret files at the beginning of this forum section. a REAL manual is a smart purchase, and will pay for itself 10x over.

AlTn

Commander
ebay may have them...1991 30 hp. Evinrude....in a pinch the 20 and 25 hp. info for the 91 models may do

tom_20000

Recruit
Bought the Seloc one in the link above, but it doesnt seem to have the details for my engine, even though is states it covers all models in the years inclusive. Maybe the procedures are the same but the diagrams don't seem to match :-(