Johnson 25Hp 2T Bombardier low efficiency...

Fakos

Cadet
Hello from Greece!

I bought a small boat 4.4m with a Johnson 25hp 2t (Model Num. J25ELSNF , Serial Num. 04995207) and the from previous month does not work normally... I think it seems that the outboard lost the 1/2 horse power. Does anyone faced the same problem? I will do the normal service and i hope i will have some better results. Also if there is anyone with the service manual available i would be very glad if he/she can send it to me (pm).

Last edited:

jasper60103

Commander
Hello from Greece!

I bought a small boat 4.4m with a Johnson 25hp 2t (Model Num. J25ELSNF , Serial Num. 04995207) and the from previous month does not work normally... I think it seems that the outboard lost the 1/2 horse power. Does anyone faced the same problem? I will do the normal service and i hope i will have some better results. Also if there is anyone with the service manual available i would be very glad if he/she can send it to me (pm).

Guessing I would say its running on one cylinder. Do a spark test to confirm. Search ebay for a factory service manual. Good luck.

edit: Welcome aboard, Fakos !

Last edited:

Fakos

Cadet
I just did a compression test and i had 125 result on each cylinder. So there is no problem on the cylinders... Maybe the problem is on the fueling system or in the cables?

jasper60103

Commander
I just did a compression test and i had 125 result on each cylinder. So there is no problem on the cylinders... Maybe the problem is on the fueling system or in the cables?

Did you do a spark test?

Fakos

Cadet
I did not have the spark tester. I will try to do it these days and i will post the results

jasper60103

Commander
I did not have the spark tester. I will try to do it these days and i will post the results

Does it run poorly? It would be obvious if it were running on 1 cylinder on a boat.
I had a bad coil once and my motor didn't even have half power.

Fakos

Cadet
A friend of mine told me that the reason could be the two cables for the electric power. Maybe one of those is not working properly...