No WOT

Evinrudetrue

Cadet
Ok so I go to the lie this morning boat doesn't have reverse one problem next problem is this when I sarted off I hd WOT for about an hour I trolled round fishing for awhile went to go take off and had very little throttle just enought on push the boat at 10 mile an hour not enough to come out of the hole anybody have a clue as to what causes this or were to start looking,as for the gears on my lower unit I believe they need to be replaced it's strting to grind going into forward didn't do this before and I finally got it to go into reverse after grinding it finally went didn't force it though. Any help is appreciated thanks everyone

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
You may have two different things going on. Possible the shift cable is out of adjustment, causing shifting problems. It may be as simple as disconnecting the shift cable at the engine end, then shift it by hand. If it shifts ok-manually, you've got an adjustment problem-a simple fix under the cowling. The other running issue may be an ignition problem. Likely the engine is not running on all 6 cyls. You can check for spark when the engine starts to act up. It would be helpful to know what year this is, as there are different approaches depending on whether this engine has one or two power packs.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
On the gear case side, try draining the gear oil and seeing what is there,....water, metal shavings...etc.