Fuel fitting 1964 28hp Johnson

Still working on my 1964 28 HP Johnson model RX-12, Serial # J2455104. I was putting new fuel hoses in and connecting the pump to carb when I noticed the fuel fitting on the carb wasn't tight. Of course, I over-tightened the fitting and snapped it. Does anyone know where I can get one of these or the part number for it? I've looked through the parts diagram and cannot find it.

Much appreciated, guys.

chi_town

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Are you sure that came out of the carburetor, and not the fuel pump? It looks like the fitting that was used in older (like 1960) fuel pumps. Of course, somebody may have put an older pump on your 1964, which would explain that. That fitting was part number 303638 and gasket washer was 303630

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
I just went out to my shed and checked my 1963 28hp evinrude and it does have that fitting also threaded into the carb.

Are you sure that came out of the carburetor, and not the fuel pump? It looks like the fitting that was used in older (like 1960) fuel pumps. Of course, somebody may have put an older pump on your 1964, which would explain that. That fitting was part number 303638 and gasket washer was 303630

Yeah, I'm sure. It didn't fall out or anything. I actually over-tightened it, so I'm sure where it came from.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Looking at the picture, I'd say that somebody used a carburetor body that had a cast-in fitting which they cut off and threaded the hole. Up through 1963, the hose and fitting was larger for the older style fuel pump. Who knows, they could actually have done that at the factory.

Glad the numbers worked out for you. I guess you already figured out it isn't a standard hardware store item.

Glad the numbers worked out for you. I guess you already figured out it isn't a standard hardware store item.

Yes, I've found that out. Auto parts stores haven't had them, Ace didn't have any that small and none of them had a non-barbed fitting, which this is. It's a smooth, clamp-style fitting. I've found a couple on eBay. I'm going to call a guy tomorrow that runs a shop here that seemingly has every vintage part possible.

Thanks again.