OMC 2 cycle turbo jet carburetor issue

MTBoat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a boston whaler 15 jet with the 115 OMC, which, I assume is basically an evinrude outboard equivalent put inboard. The issue for me is that the connecting rod related to carburetor system, that goes under the flywheel was somehow disengaged by the last mechanic from its forward connection point, and just laying there.
I reattached it to the forward connecting point, but, only went by eye, based on where the remaining locking nut was left.
I am wondering if anyone has experience and can suggest how I can adjust this, and actually, what it really does. I noticed when I put the control in forward nearing WOT it then moved this rod, but, I don't have a manual and don't know what it does, or how to begin to adjust it, or test it.
Thanks

MTBoat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You can see the long rod that goes under the flywheel, and I was wondering if it relates to advancing timing, or how to adjust or?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 0

boobie

Supreme Mariner
That rod sets your WOT timing and you'll have to follow the correct procedure to adjust it. Check the top secret files at the beginning of this forum.