5/32" or 3/16" A1 hose?

I'm usually a Google guru, but, for the life of me, I cannot find any A1-15 SAE J1527 USCG hose in either of those sizes. I mean, it's got to exist, right? If every outboard I've seen has 5/32" or 3/16" hose from the carb to the fuel pump AND all fuel lines under the cowling MUST meet A1-15 standards, it's gotta be out there, right?

I would LOVE some help finding some. Even it it's a brand and/or model number, it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance!

chi_town

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Much of the fuel hose under the cowling is 5/16" fuel hose. The 5/32" hose is recirculation hose on the front of the intake manifold. A point of clarification. Some of the fuel hoses are formed to bend in tight radiuses under the cowling. Bulk hose will ultimately kink and restrict fuel flow if used in those applications. The factory makes special heat-formed hoses for those applications and issues specific part numbers for them. So, keep in mind it is possible to have a mixtures of various hoses on that engine. Special part-numbered hoses as well a the familiar "bulk" hoses. So as you ask your question, the question is do both of these hose families meet the standard? Also, it is really important that they do? We have all heard that the US gov't has issued new mandates about the increased ethanol content in the fuel here stateside. That it will affect the boating industry. So all new fuel hose must now be made to meet that standard. The question is: when will any of this "new" fuel come to market-if ever? So, is this really a problem for the marine consumer at this point? Maybe someone has the real answer....

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I'm not up to date on this stuff, but doesn't it pertain to low permeation hose? I'm thinking it has to be used on new motors, but not so sure it applies to older models. I'll bet the OP is in California. Am I right? CA is much stricter than down here in the swamps.

BigB9000

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Buy it from Evinrude?
They sell it.

Cant find the part number though...
0725101937.jpg

Last edited:

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Here are the current factory part numbers: 3/16" bulk hose: 772574 called "drain hose". Factory 5/32" bulk hose: 772571, called "recirculation hose." To clarify a couple of things: Bombardier's 5/32 hose is 772571-sold in bulk rolls or by the foot. Known as recirculation hose, for the recirc system on the intake manifold. Sold in bulk. You are correct this does not meet current 2014 fuel standards. 3/16" Bombardier fuel hose sold in bulk rolls or by the foot. part number 772574. Is sold as "drain hose". A lot of engines use this size fuel hose under the cowling. The factory Parts and Accessories book states: "cannot be used on 2009 and newer engines."

Last edited:

jasper60103

Commander
Nobody? I've found some 5mm A1 hose from the UK, but that's it.

chi_town, I think you're making the problem harder than it has to be.
I'm from Chicago too and there are plenty of outboard dealers there. They can fix you up.
Btw, if you want a copy of the OEM service manual for your 28hp motor, send me a PM with your email address.
Good luck.

jasper

BigB9000

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Please excuse my ignorance, but why does it need to meet such standards?
Wouldn't the pre-2009 stuff work just fine?