1977 35hp with electric start wire diagram to motor and to key switch

BOBBYV

Cadet
Hello i have bought a 1977 Evinrude 35hp with electric start ,i need the wire diagram to motor and to key switch can anyone help me? Thank you

Last edited:

BOBBYV

Cadet
thanks for any help, i looked around and i haven't found my problem ..

Last edited:

BOBBYV

Cadet
I FIGURED IT OUT THE WIRES ! ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TEST A SOLENOID SWITCH?????

BOBBYV

Cadet
1977 Evinrude sorry ,New to forums ;) DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TEST A SOLENOID ???

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Simple. You need a voltmeter.
Test #1: Does it click? If yes, go to test #2 If no, go to test #3
Test #2: Test voltage at two large studs on solenoid. Should show battery voltage on both. If it does, solenoid is working and you should be looking elsewhere. If not, check battery and cable connections. And starter.
Test #3 Check voltage at two small studs on solenoid. When attempting to start, should show battery voltage on one stud and zero on other one. If no voltage on either , check start switch, fuse, and wiring. Also neutral start switch if it happens to have one. If battery voltage on both, safety switch is not activated or is defective, or ground wire is defective or missing if it has no safety switch.

BOBBYV

Cadet
hi, it does not Click, If i take the Bat wire connected to solenoid and move it to the starter and touch the Battery she fires right up.. but i have no way of shutting it off i either have to pull the choke out or disconnect the fuel line,oh yes it does have a neutral safety switch, thanks i will try the test 3 you gave me..

BOBBYV

Cadet
also before i start the test say it is the safty switch can i bypass it by disconnecting the wire and just ground to a different source on the motor?

BOBBYV

Cadet
Hi it was the Ground i put a new Ground point from the "I" Terminal along with the safety switch, , Now When She started I Put a amp test On Battery to see if it was Charging, The battery had 12.5 Volts before starting i shut the motor off when it hit 13.50 at idle and was climbing when gave it more gas to 13.70 amp i do not want it blowing up on me what is normal amp for the battery to reach??? Thank you

BOBBYV

Cadet
just tried it again battery was 13 amps or volts before starting Rapidly Climbed to over 15volts what is Normal??? Any help Please??