Remote Control Warm up lever not existent on E90TLEOR.

gfcashmo

Cadet
I just bought this boat. Sunbird fish and ski - 1994. 1995 evinrude E90TLEOR. I'm used to the remote control having a warm up lever where I can rev the engine till engine is warm. This remote control does not have it. In the manual is shows pics. Obviously it was changed. The key is in the console, the safety switch is in the console. tilt Trim is on the gear shift lever. Is it possible the cable is still going back to the engine but not hooked to anything? Do you think I need to buy a whole new remote control? Here's wishing - is it possible the engine is autochoke type warming where it doesn't need the lever??? I'm no expert. Don't know this engine. What do I check? Can I rig it to give me more gas while in neutral? In my driveway - when starting - only way I can increase rpm is to engage the prop. The key does have a push where it chokes, but I don't think this is the way to do this - is it? Sorry this may sound basic, but I'm a newbie at engines. I'm a fast learner though. Anyone know where I can buy a used remote control and cables if this is what I need? I want to flip the boat so don't want to put a lot of money in it.

thanks in advance to any help anyone can give. If I need pics, I will post after lunch.
Gordon

gfcashmo

Cadet
These are the pictures of the throttle and engine. The throttle does not move to the left in order to activate an engine warming feature.
Any advice would be welcome. Am I destined to replace this to get an engine warming option?

gfcashmo

Cadet
These are the pictures of the throttle and engine. The throttle does not move to the left in order to activate an engine warming feature.
Any advice would be welcome. Am I destined to replace this to get an engine warming option?

Ryan0186

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I used to have the same boat. Look on the throttle handle and there should be a small push botton on the middle that will allow you to advance the throtle without it being in gear.

Ryan0186

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The button is located on the bottom of the throttle handle directly in the middle of the part the lower part of the handle rotated on.

gfcashmo

Cadet
Do i push this button in then try to pull to the left? How does it work? Ive never seen it

Ryan0186

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes once you push that button in you will be able to advance the throttle forward to allow engine to warm as well as if chock is not working properly. With the button pushed in you will be able to feel the difference in the throttle from when the throttle is engaging in gear. It should feel loose when your advancing it out of gear. If am not mistaken the OMC manual syas to advance the throttle when cold starting. Just make sure you don't over throttle it when your wamring up. Its not good to run two stroke engines at high rpms for more than a min or so.

Ryan0186

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Also that boat should have a push button choke on the key. If it doesnt work your key switch spring is toasted and needs to be replaced. Mine was the same way when I bought it. I was confused as eery boat I had ever been on had the push button key style choke. When I took it in to the dealership that told me it needed to be swapped out as the spring inside was worn out. This turned out to be true, I swapped in a new key start switch with the choke that requires you to push on the key and it worked perfectly.

gfcashmo

Cadet
Wow - you are dead on. Thanks for the help. I will check it when I get home tonight. The key choke works fine and actually the engine does not need much to start, it starts fairly easy now that I ran it a bit yesterday. Was you engine the 4 cylinder. Have not got it on the water yet. Does it get up and go well with the four

Ryan0186

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had a 1995 Sunbird Corsair 175 Fish and Ski with a 1995 Johnson 112 SPL which is close to the same motor you have but without the bells and whistles and was a 115hp block. Yep it was a 4 Cylinder engine and would get the boat up on plane very quickly. Good boat for skiing. Plenty of power and pretty decent on the gas bill too.

gfcashmo

Cadet
Cool. Thanks for all the help. I'll know who to go to for more issues with this one. Hopefully none!!! What about oil coming out of P hole under bottom unit? Did you ever see that. I just had a couple of drips yesterday but could be a result of me trying to get it started and all the reving and dying that went on yesterday. Seems ok today. I started it with two turns of the key and ran just fine. I just bought the boat. Probably has sat for a while.