3 h johnsn wont run with the bladder in

memphis

Recruit
3 retb johnson..gas was varnished...replaced bladder cleaned carb good but the engine will not run when the bladder is in...when its out the engine runs rough than stalls at idle...any help would be great

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 3 h johnsn wont run with the bladder in

Memphis.....not sure what you are refering to when you say "bladder". Could you define please?

memphis

Recruit

on the bottom of the carb you will find the gravity feed gas line going to the chamber assembly(houses the float) which is controlled by the fuel cut off switch, the other line comes out and runs up to the side of the engine...this line has a plastic screw fitting on the chamber assembly which houses the "bladder" it looks like a little orange ****** it has a slot in the top and it seems to fill up with gas ...this line coming from the side of the engine pushes air toward the bladder when the engine is turned over...is this part of the fuel pump assembly?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Well Memphis....I looked it up in the parts break down and danged if I ain't at a loss here. If someone else don't post ya' an answer, I'll look it up when I'm at the shop tomorrow and drop ya' a line. Never really worked on one of these before so I don't know really how to answer till I get in the book.