How do I connect the temperatur gauge? (1992 Johnson 120 hp)

anonym

Cadet
Hi!<br /><br />I bought myself a 1992 Johnson 120 hp with a gauge/meter for temperature. The problem is that I don't know how to connect it to the engine. There is one cable left, that I think is supposed to be connected to some sort of sensor.<br /><br />I think that this gauge is a standard OMC gauge.<br /><br />Does anyone know something about this? Do you know ehere I can find info about it?<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br /> / Gote<br /><br />PS. Does anyone know what has happened to http://www.boaterssupply.com ???<br />They used to have microfiche as images accessible over the web.

93bronco

Ensign
Re: How do I connect the temperatur gauge? (1992 Johnson 120 hp)

on each head to the left of the tstat cover there is a threaded hole that will accept the temp sending unit for the gauge.

atunnell

Recruit
Re: How do I connect the temperatur gauge? (1992 Johnson 120 hp)

on each head to the left of the tstat cover there is a threaded hole that will accept the temp sending unit for the gauge.
I have a 1997 130 Hp Johnson I notices on my motor in bottom of this threaded hole there is a small hole that is pluged with plastic will I need to drill it out so water can come in that port hole around the sender.