Evinrude Service Bulletin ????

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer
1987 Evinrude 175 HP E175TXCUA - Engine reassembly is coming along nicely, thank you to those who have helped me thus far...

Getting close to Intake manifold and carbs. I was told that these cross flow V-6's were prone to ring and/or piston failure due to carbon build up, which is the cause of my tear down and rebuild. I have read about the specific fuels, oils and additives and spray treatments to use as preventive maintenance.

I was also told that there was a "service bulletin" that advised to use a # 52 drill to increase the size of the high speed orifices, in the carbs. Was not given a bulletin number.

Before doing this, I would like to see and read it, for myself, but have not had luck with google... I find thousands and thousands of bulletins that I would have to sit and read through each one, hoping to get lucky and find the one that applies... Does anyone know how to search for a specific bulletin without the actual number?

Thanks, Kenny

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
There may have be a TSB on jet replacement but factory would never tell you to drill them, most of coking problem are 2stroke oil and cylinder temps....

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer
Ok.... Maybe my friend's rejet solution was the #52 bit. Is there a way to find this TSB without having to pour thru thousands of them, randomly? I tried to search for motor specific bulletins, so I could access info on my motor. Is there a way to find only those that pertain to mine?

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Agree with Fastbullet, OMC would never suggest drilling of any jet. You might have luck calling the Bombardier (Evinrude) consumer hotline. 262-884-5993. In my 2.6, I run nothing but Bombardier XD50 oil, since it has a carbon guard additive. Premium fuel only. Every two years, I decarb the powerhead, but it does not get many hours each year.