1986 evinrude xp150 - buzzer warning

Matthewj500

Recruit
I fairly inexperienced with this motor, and do not have the owner manual with it. It had been running fine before about 6 month storage. Ran it at home prior to a lake trip, and ran fine. At the lake a steady warning buzzer went off at the start, so turned it off and ended up running around with trolling motor by dock for a bit. Then tried it again, and it ran fine with no buzzer. Then stopped for a bit to fish, and when I started it, the buzzer was back.nall guages appeared normal, good water flow. I figured you all here would have a good idea of where i could start.

Will Bark

Lieutenant
When the buzzer is sounding unhook the tan wires to your heat sensors on each head and the one to your fuel restriction sensor until you find out which one is causing the trouble. Is the VRO oil system still hooked up? If so, then check that wire also.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
You can also get a constant warning horn from the vacuum switch on the port side of the engine. All oiling warnings are intermittent. Only the overheat and vacuum switch will cause a constant horn.