Help! No spark

TJB12

Seaman Apprentice
So I have a 77 johnson 25 electric start and I'm going crazy. I'm not getting any spark to either plug. I tested the stator with a multimeter and with the key off I got .475. So I think that is good. I put a new powerpack on and it still doesn't have spark. I highly doubt both coils went out at the same time. I have new plugs and ignition switch on it. It turns over just fine. I went out one day to start it up and it would not start. I don't know what else to do. I have also tried a different rectifier and still nothing. Any suggestions?

TwoRivers

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I have a 77 johnson 25 electric start and I'm going crazy. I'm not getting any spark to either plug. I tested the stator with a multimeter and with the key off I got .475. So I think that is good. I put a new powerpack on and it still doesn't have spark. I highly doubt both coils went out at the same time. I have new plugs and ignition switch on it. It turns over just fine. I went out one day to start it up and it would not start. I don't know what else to do. I have also tried a different rectifier and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Was it running and just stopped?
Has it been sitting for awhile?

TJB12

Seaman Apprentice
Had the wrong wire going to the wrong cylinder. Oops lol