Evinrude 9,9

michante

Cadet
Hello,
i have an evinrude 9,9hp with an ac lighting, and a cdi, and now i need to do some repairs, but the pluque on the shaft is missing. On the block is an round label with numbers which should be a serialnumber. I found this:

B26261
J10BA0SE

Now i have the problem that i cant find these numbers in the modellists of evinrude. I hope you can help me to find the exact modell, so i can buy spare parts.

Will Bark

Lieutenant
The J10 is the model number but it converts to a 1950 model which is really old; how old is your engine?

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
I suspect you have misread the number and that it is really J10BACSE which makes it a 1980 model. But the 'J' indicates Johnson not Evinrude. Maybe a Johnson motor with an Evinrude cowl.

I have no idea what Will Bark has found listed for 1950, or where. I dont think a 1950 model would have cdi !

Are you in the UK, or Europe, with that BA number by any chance? Nothing in your profile!
If so UK dealers such as Oakley Marine or Wills Marine will recognise the number even though not on American parts lists

BTW Google for LeeRoy's Ramblings and you will find everything you will ever need to know about 9.9 models

Last edited:

michante

Cadet
Hi,
oh sorry i havent completed my profile yet. i´m from germany.
i found that the BA stands for ac lighting an rope start, which my motor has.
i also think it is a 80s modell, but are there differences between other years?

michante

Cadet
Hi,
oh sorry i havent completed my profile yet. i´m from germany.
i found that the BA stands for ac lighting an rope start, which my motor has.
i also think it is a 80s modell, but are there differences between other/ years?

michante

Cadet
Hi,
vic you´re right, i have cleaned the number with an needle and there is the number J10BACSE.

can anyone tell me where i can get parts for my motor?

Last edited:

AlTn

Commander
google..BRP Dealerships in Germany...found a regional office in Hilded, Germany..ph.no. 49 (0) 2103 960 680...they could probably direct you to one closer that can order outboard parts

michante

Cadet
Hello,
first thanks for your help.
i have started to repair my motor.
now i would like to know what scews johnson/evinrude uses for the cylinder head, because i want to change the gasket and i think i need to use new screws, or can i use the old ones?

the screws for the water cover are 1/4 20 x 8.7?

Last edited:

AlTn

Commander
typically they are reused unless they are corroded or the threads are stretched, worn, etc....I'd suggest you pull one and check it with a die, thread gauge, machine shop, hardware store, etc. to determine the size..torque to 18 - 20 foot-pounds < 24-27 N / m >