2005 90 johnson fuel pouring

jjrreb23

Seaman
need a little help with this . fuel is pouring out 3 carbs ,i cleaned carbs ,no change .here is whats whiping me .if i take one of the carbs that is pouring fuel out of throat and put it where the carb that was not pouring , it works fine ,kinda tells me its not the carb . reeds maybe .?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
There is nothing that would create that situation and I would suggest it is the float adjustments and needles. You aren't over pumping the squeeze bulb are you? That could force fuel out

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
is fuel comming out while enjine is running or while it is not running:confused:

Etya

Recruit
need a little help with this . fuel is pouring out 3 carbs ,i cleaned carbs ,no change .here is whats whiping me .if i take one of the carbs that is pouring fuel out of throat and put it where the carb that was not pouring , it works fine ,kinda tells me its not the carb . reeds maybe .?

Hi!
Did you solve the problem? My Johnson 150 hp 2 stroke 2000 have the same problem, left superior carb flow out fuel...
Need help...

Tomek

racerone

Supreme Mariner
How did this motor run for you last season ?-----Fuel leaking out means that float and float valve need attention.----Needle could be stuck from carburetor sitting with fuel in it.