evinrude need year mode/ switch diagram

ke4hen

Recruit
Hello everyone, I have a 3cyl evinrude model # 652735 I need the year model and the wiring diagram for the switch. It has electric shift buttons.<br />Thanks Tim<br /> :confused:

ke4hen

Recruit
Re: evinrude need year mode/ switch diagram

Thanks for that info. I have the keyset, but not the key. It is a 6 lug with the one on the bottom left corner marked "M" horizontal and the rest, marked "S, C, A, M, B" in a clockwise pattern. I would truely appreciate anyone's help on what goes where.<br />Thanks

ke4hen

Recruit

Thank you sooooo much this will really help getting it fired up. :)

ridnm

Recruit

I also have a Evinrude 65 hp with the model #652735. Is it a 72 as well. I cant find the entire model # just the first 5 numbers. Also what is proper fuel mixture? I was told 40 to 1. Help!

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

ridnm, you should start your own post to keep everything going in the right direction, a 1972 65hp should use a 50:1 fuel ratio.

ridnm

Recruit

Im not sure how to do this? I would appreciate any info. So by the model # I have a 72?
Thanks

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I think your model number is 65273S not 5. It is a 1972.
Look on the first page of the forum towards the upper left corner, there is a blue box that says "+Post New Thread", click on it and you can start your own post.

IronRob843

Recruit

I also have a 65273s 65hp that was actually given to me recently. The mans son lost the key and tried wiring a new ignition. Well he couldnt get it to work and he let the boat sit for a few years. Well i finally talked him into letting me fix it but i didnt know what i was getting into . im stuck with a bunch of wires. I have a new key switch and i jumped the starter to see if the motor would turn and it did. Where do i need to start to get this motor goin.