Thermostat evinrude hp20

Eric2014

Recruit
Hello, i am new to this forum and I have a question :
I resently bought a boat with a evinrude 20hp, (BE20ELEND 1992?))
It workt fine first, but now the water is not coming out of the little pipe (to check if the cooling is working ?)
pardon my English, i am dutch ...
the pipe/hose is not blocked by dirt.
The engin is not getting very warm, and there is water comming out of the tale just above the waterline.
Can it be the is the thermostat ? I can not find it. (I have photos of the motor...)
please help,
Thanks in advance

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Since it is not overheating, you know that the water is going through the powerhead. So that must mean that the tell-tale tube or fittings is plugged somewhere. If you remove it, can you blow back through it? I don't think it is a thermostat problem. The thermostat is downstream from the tell-tale.

Your English is very good. Certainly better than my Dutch (which is zero).

Eric2014

Recruit
Since it is not overheating, you know that the water is going through the powerhead. So that must mean that the tell-tale tube or fittings is plugged somewhere. If you remove it, can you blow back through it? I don't think it is a thermostat problem. The thermostat is downstream from the tell-tale.

thank you for your reply !

if I unplug the tube i can blow through it...

An other question :How long does it take, when the cooling is not working before the engine gets to hot ? if I go slowly....

Eric2014

Recruit

thank you for your reply !

if I unplug the tube i can blow through it...

An other question :How long does it take, when the cooling is not working before the engine gets to hot ? if I go slowly....

Eric2014

Recruit
ok, problem solved..you were right......it was dirt ....works fine again,
thanx for the help :)
Eric