140 Johnson port side fuel

Ordneb

Seaman
Well, my new timer base arrived today and I stood in the rain to install it. (Dedicated excitement!) I put on the muffs and fired her up. BINGO, YATZEE, WE HAVE A WINNER! The motor now runs on all four cylinders. It runs pretty rough but I think that's mostly due to old gas. I plan to put her in the water on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks everybody for your help. Don't take it personally, but I hope I don't have to talk to you all again. :)

Ordneb

Seaman
Well, as we all know, motors tend to run much better on the muffs than they do in the water. Looks like it's a trip back to the boat shop for another link and sync. It does run nice on the muffs though. More to come.

Ordneb

Seaman
I've been gone for a while so I thought I would update everyone on my progress. I had spinal fusion surgery last July and have been slowly recovering. Before I went in for surgery I tore down my 140 Johnson and discovered that all four exhaust rings were frozen solid and all four pistons were scorched. So...I ordered a rebuild kit complete with pistons etc, took the block to my local NAPA store and had it bored out .020 over and rebuilt the whole thing. I ordered some power reeds for it as well. I completed the build about three days before my surgery and it fired right up on the muffs. My son took the boat out the next week and told me that it pushed my 18' 1979 Starcraft Super Sport about 50 mph with four guys in the boat. Wowzer. I haven't been out in it yet but he tells me that we are going to have to put a trolling plate on it if we want to fish! I'm so excited that it runs like a dream and it would not have been possible without all of your help. Thanks. My summer project this year will be to gut the boat and put new floor and flotation in and convert it to a fishing rig with front deck and a couple of live wells. I'll try to put up some pictures as I go. Thanks again.
<>< Pastor Tim