Installing a Hot Foot Pro on a 1977 Johnson 140. Questions on the cable termination

TxSkeeter

Recruit
Has anyone installed the TH marine hot foot pro throttle control on a 1977 Johnson 140?

My current throttle cable termination will not work to attach to the hotfoot control. I will need to order a longer cable but not sure which type to order
From what I can tell the throttle cable end at the HotFoot must be terminated with a fitting that can be slipped over the post on the hot foot. My current cable end threads through the terminator and a pinch screw is used inside the eyelet to retain the cable to the termination end

Is the throttle cable in later model 1979 and up Johnson different than the cable used on the 1977 Johnson?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I just installed one on a 140843c. The hotfoot I have can accept any cable style. you can use the clamp type on the cable barrel or the ones with the plastic or brass barrel.

TxSkeeter

Recruit
This one also is supposed to accept any cable style but I do not see how to attach without changing to a different cable end. the attached pic shows the cable end I have and the post the cable must slip onto

TxSkeeter

Recruit
The post I refer to is the bolt centered above the cable end

fetch

Last edited by a moderator:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Pic didn't come through. Try useing the edit function to attach it.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
great, I can see the pic now. Unfortunately your hot foot does not look anything like mine.