Johnson/Evinrude universal tune up kits/ carb kits???OMC Gurus, is this true??

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
I found some kits for sale that claim to cover a very wide range of motors, from six to forty horses ....<br /><br />two coils, two points, two condensers, I can see those being fairly the same, BUT<br /><br />can the same carb on a ten horse be used on a 35? the rebuild kit claims to cover all of these sizes, for a fifty nine thirty five horse johnny and a sixty one ten horse rude<br /><br />is this possible?<br /><br />(universal in regard to 2 cylinder engines, given that they are OMC)

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Johnson/Evinrude universal tune up kits/ carb kits???OMC Gurus, is this true

Re: Johnson/Evinrude universal tune up kits/ carb kits???OMC Gurus, is this true

:confused:

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Probably so. It'll have a lot of stuff in it ya don't need, like gaskets and such, so be careful taking things apart and get all the right parts back in it.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello.<br />If you mean the sets on e-bay from Evinrudedude and oblman then yes.These guys are trustworthy.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

cool, thanks, this guy is on ebay from texas i believe, might be obman - lots of posts, has them often, and boy do I need some kits<br /><br />the one woman Road Gang boss parade is down to day last, her inlaws come tomorrow, so I am done with Operation Sanitize and am free to go deal with the boat situation, ill order parts and get the hulls ready (once I dig out the compression guage) and start doing the do, lol<br /><br />I think Ill start a new thread over in no ouboards on the relative efficiency of rattle cans as deck paint, the top of the clamshell as it were - the bug is biting hard and the drum are in the del bay, time to wind em up and head out!<br /><br /> :cool: